Immerse yourself into the luxurious comfort of one of our medical grade Dr Wool Pure Wool Overlays.
Place the wool mattress overlay on top of the lower sheet (or in place of the lower sheet) and sleep directly on the wool, for the same bed sore prevention and treatment as our medical sheepskins. All covers are held in place by strong elastic corner straps that extend down under the mattress. Like our sheepskin products, our wool overlays offer soft, springy, body conforming support, which eases painful pressure points giving you the wonderful, insulating qualities that only pure wool offers. These include superior insulation and resilience, moisture absorption, therapeutic value, and flame resistance to name just a few.
To summarise the benefits that you will receive:
- Prevent Bed Sores by distributing weight & reducing friction - Medical woolpile bed overlays are widely used in hospitals and nursing homes throughout New Zealand. When placed underneath a patient or wrapped around them, the ultra-soft wool provides a gentle cushion for their skin. The patient's weight is distributed more evenly over a wider area, lowering the risk of bedsores caused by pressure and friction. Cool in summer and warm in winter, wool can absorb up to 36% of its dry weight in moisture without feeling damp.
- Natural wool fibres move with the body - The best nights sleep you have ever had.
- Air flows through wool fibres to provide an air cushion - Stops the pain of back ache, arthritis and rheumatism.
- Wool Overlays are warm in the winter, cool in the summer - No more chills or that cold clammy feeling. A perfect solution for problem sleepers, and for those with cold feet due to poor circulation.
- Machine wash and dry your Wool Overlay - Convenience of using home or Laundromat machines, no need to use expensive dry cleaners. We include washing and drying instructions.
- Wool Overlays are Durable, and long lasting - No matter how many times you wash our Wool Overlays, they will continue to look great and last for years.
Our high quality wool fleece underlay is produced using ‘sliverknit’ technology where the wool is knitted with a base to produce a pile or fleece fabric. During the manufacturing process the wool is coated with a permanent treatment to allow it to be machine washed without matting or loosing its pile quality.
Our natural wool bedware is made using premium grade New Zealand grown wool and is manufactured by Mi Woollies at our long established factory located in Christchurch, New Zealand. If you require a non standard sized product please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirments and we will be in touch with you.
- 100% pure Wool Fleece 900gsm Plush Finish.
- Luxurious 30mm pile height.
- Beautifully finished with bound edges.
- Machine washable on a wool cycle using a wool detergent.
- Corner elastic straps 5cm / 2 inches wide.
- Packaged in plastic carry bag.
- New Zealand made.
Caring for your Bedding:
Please follow those provided on the packaging and on labels attached to the underlays themselves. Wool Overlays are machine washable on a wool washing cycle using a suitable wool detergent. Otherwise dry cleaning is reommended, An underlay should seldom need cleaning, just air regularly to retain freshness.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
For almost 3 years I have suffered from Bursitis in the hip. In addition to the pain experienced when moving (sitting, stairs and car travel being particularly bad), my sleep was very disturbed and difficult. I could only sleep on my back, side sleep resulting in hip and leg pain. Having been a producer of wool for over 35 years, I was aware of the benefits of wool. By accident I found the "Mi Woollies" website with the listing for 'Dr Wool' Medical Wool Underlay and in desperation, purchased one in mid-May. I sleep directly on the fleece. I am now sleeping right through the night without waking - can climb stairs and move in and out of the car without problems. Pain has almost gone. I am so pleased with this improvement that I have today purchased a second underlay to hopefully, help a friend awaiting a hip replacement.